The topic of corporate wellness is something that is much talked but less incorporated. Even after the revolution of privatization and employees spending a major chunk of their waking hours in the office, there are very few companies that are paying attention and spending funds for employee health and wellness programs. In the corporate society, where everybody is heading towards ‘hyper-productivity’, the health of employees is a subject that can’t be ignored anymore. You will be surprised to find that these wellness programs not only benefits the employees, but also the companies. Surprised? Well, then the below mentioned five facts about employee wellness programs would leave you flabbergasted. Let us go through them one by one.
Some Amazing Facts about Employee Health and Wellness
1. For every single dollar that is spent on wellness programs, the medical costs of individual employees to the company decreases by $3.27.
2. There is a total reduction of 28% in sick leaves and 26% in medical costs of the companies that have adopted wellness programs for their employees.
3. Roughly around $1 trillion is lost due to the impact of poor health on the USA’s economy.
4. For every $1 that is spent on health care, $. 95 goes to the treatment and only $.5 is spent on the prevention.
5. Because of on site wellness programs, savings of $264 can be made on per employee per year.
With the increasing popularity of workplace wellness programs among business firms around the globe, more and more corporate firms whether big or small have started implementing these wellness ideas into their office. This has resulted in an increase in employees’ fitness and an enhanced productivity for the firm.
There are a number of advantages of a workplace wellness program. Some of them are listed below:
1. Implementing a workplace wellness program offers strategic advantages to the concerned firm. Often, employees are the most important asset to any company so investing in such a program will hopefully bring them lowered expenses in return, better performing workers and a reduction in healthcare cost.
2. A wellness program is equally beneficial for the employees as well. This means that participating in such activities will help these individuals adopt a healthy lifestyle for a better living. Moreover, these employees would have more energy and vigor to give to their families back home.
3. An effective wellness activity helps the co-workers gel together in a unique manner. These programs provide a chance to experience activities together that are not related to work. It could be a gym session, a group lunch or even a sports team.