Cosmetic dentistry has certainly become the talk of the town these days! More and more people are visiting their dentists to ask for tips that will help them improve their smile. According to studies, it has been projected that more than 50% of individuals in the U.S. are opting for treatment for teeth whitening and various other dental procedures that will help them improve their appearance.
Teeth whitening is ideal when you have developed nasty yellow stains on your teeth that are difficult to remove by using toothpaste and other chemical agents. This is when you visit your dentist and seek medical supervision. Tooth stains are a result of excessive smoking, alcohol consumption, consumption of sweets and starchy food products. Teeth whitening procedure is indeed an ideal way of removing the stains and achieving the smile of your dreams.
However, there are various myths circling around teeth whitening dental procedures that need to be busted.
Facts About Teeth Whitening
Below we have differentiated facts from the fiction so as to help you understand the benefits attached with teeth whitening procedures.
- If you do not remove plaque from your teeth, it will develop a hard coating and form calculus on the teeth. This will make your teeth yellow and unhealthy.
- By reducing the intake of starchy products and sodas, you can reduce the tooth stains. However, quitting smoking and alcoholism will have a considerable impact on the color of your teeth.
- The effect of teeth whitening procedures will last for up to three years minimum. This will totally depend on the health of the teeth and the eating habits of the individual.
- Tooth whitening will help in lightening the color of the teeth. It will not remove the stains and they will return once you stop using the whitening methods.
- The most commonly practiced method of teeth whitening is bleaching. It can lighten the tooth enamel and induce the enamel with oxygen.
Tips for teeth whitening
Below mentioned are the top teeth whitening tips that you must follow to achieve a healthy white smile.
- Visit your dentist: Before self-testing, make sure that you consult your dentist first. The dentist will suggest you the best Treatment For Teeth Whitening. He/she will conduct a full analysis and discuss which teeth whitening treatment should you go for.
- Use authentic over the counter teeth whitening products: There are a plethora of over-the-counter teeth whitening products available in the market. You can ask your dentist about the products and use them.
- Floss and brush twice daily: Make this a practice! Make sure that you floss and brush at least twice daily. It will remove the accumulated plaque on the teeth and prevent them from developing yellow stains.
For a top trends in cosmetic dentistry in New Cannan, it is recommended to visit your doctor and enquirer about the most appropriate Treatment For Teeth Whitening.